The Great Indian Desert or the Thar Desert is the 9th lagerst subcontinal desert and 18th in word it's form a tough and natural border between indian and pakistan About 75% of the Thar Desert is located within India, with the remaining 25% in Pakistan.

The desert comprises a very dry part, the Marusthali region in the west, and a semidesert region in the east with fewer sand dunes and slightly more precipitation. Osian gives the first true glimps of the desert to the traveller. with its beautiful dunes on side and the rocky tairain on the other side make a mesmerise place. with abondance of wild life and clean dunes make it a must visit if you plan a holiday in Rajasthan.